Sunday, October 12, 2008

Monegan's First Meeting with "The First Gentleman"

Page 18

MR. BRANCHFLOWER: What were they pictures of?
MR. MONEGAN: What I recall, one looked like a moose and -- that had been shot. There may have been others, but I just glanced through them while I'm, again, trying to pay attention to Todd talking to me about Trooper Wooten.
MR. BRANCHFLOWER: Well, what -- what did he tell you about Trooper Wooten? MR. MONEGAN: Well, he told me that this particular trooper had -- had gone through a divorce with Molly, which is one of the sisters of the governor, and that it was -- this particular individual wasn't and shouldn't have been a trooper, that he didn't model himself well as a trooper, that they had filed complaints. They had worked with Colonel Grimes, and actually went to her office and talked to them about Trooper Wooten. And the allegations included the taking of a moose illegally, tasering an 11-year-old stepson of Wooten's, drinking while driving in the patrol car, having a beer while he was driving his patrol car. And there may have been a couple of others, but the details on that, I don't recall.
MR. BRANCHFLOWER: And did he say that he and the governor
had met with the folks who handled that matter in the prior
administration?
MR. MONEGAN: I believe he kept using the term "we." We went to
go talk to, we, we. And so I assumed it was he and Sarah, of course.

No comments: